VA Aid and Attendance Benefit
The VA Aid and Attendance Pension is available and can offer payment for Home Care services for eligible veteranís and their spouses. This would include assistance with personal care (bathing, dressing, toileting, etc.), meal preparation and medication management. This assistance may help you remain living safely and comfortably in your own home rather than move into a nursing home. The application for compensation and/or pension form needs to be completed submitted with supporting documentation of your veteran status and finances.
You must first qualify for this pension. Below is a summary of some of the requirements:
- You or your spouse must be a veteran with an honorable or general discharge
- Be 65 years of age or older
- Have a medical diagnosis from your doctor that requires assistance with Activities of Daily Living
- Have a limited income and a qualifying net worth
- Having served at least 90 days active duty with at least one day during WWII, Korea, Vietnam or Persian Gulf